Vegan Chorizo Burrito
Soy chorizo is widely available by a few different makers. My favorite is the Trader Joe’s house brand. This very flavorful, not-too-spicy Mexican style chorizo brings flare and flavor to the tofu. If you are cooking for one or two make a full batch and save the rest to make Veggie Enchiladas.
14 ounce package of organic sprouted tofu
vegan chorizo (8 ounces)
1 small onion diced
½ red pepper
½ yellow pepper
1 cup black or pinto beans,
precooked and rinsed of fluids
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
corn salsa if desired (page 64 of The Delicious Revolution Cookbook)
Heat olive oil in a skillet over high heat and crumble the tofu into the pan. Really squish the block of tofu in your fist so that it crumbles into small bits. Add the chorizo, diced onion, red and yellow peppers and saute until the onions are soft and transparent. Mix in the beans and cook until beans are hot. Squeeze one lime over the whole dish. Top with cilantro leaves, corn salsa and serve with warm tortillas and lime wedges.
Want more mouthwatering, healthy, easy yumminess? Hook yourself up with a copy of The Delicious Revolution Cookbook.
- Over 100 easy-to-make recipes
- A Delicious Manifesto which gives a clear guide to carving out your own unique diet
- Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts
- A balanced mixture of recipes that help you enjoy all foods in moderation
- Includes some raw and vegan recipes
- Juices, smoothies and shakes
- RISK FREE: 100% money back guarantee for 60 days