Are you a fan of Laura-Jane the Rawtarian??
I am because she makes raw food easy! She is famous for recipes that are simple because they don’t go overboard on ingredients. She has a new dessert book called “Too Good To Be Raw” .
Laura Jane kindly extended a sample recipe for you to try, her decadent “Classic Brownies”. Try them and post your comments below. I made a batch this morning and took them to the office to share. I have one happy office over here!!
1 cup pecans
1 cup dates
5 tablespoons cacao powder
4 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut
2 tablespoons honey or agave
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. Place pecans alone in your food processor and process until the pecans become small and crumbly.
2. Add dates and process again until the mixture sticks together and the dates are well processed.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and process again until the mixture turns a lovely, dark chocolatey brown. Stop processing before it gets too buttery. (There should still be air be- tween the small bits so that you will be able to press them down into your brownie pan.)
4. Dump the mixture into a brownie dish or small cake pan and press down firmly using your clean hands. You can eat now, but the recipe will slice better if you refrigerate for at least on hour.
5. Store brownies in the refrigerator at all times.
Comment below to let me know how your raw food recipe from Laura-Jane for Classic Brownies comes out! If you love ‘em like me, get your copy of her new book “Too Good To Be Raw” today.