I’m not a big proponent of breads, but Ezekiel bread is a fabulous product made from sprouted grains with no flour. Sprouted grains are a great source of energy,but they can be time consuming to sprout yourself. Go to your veggie drawer and top your toast with what you’ve got. One of my favorite veggie toasts is simply half an avocado spread on toast and sprayed with a little Bragg Liquid Aminos. When you want to top the toast with hot veggies on a cold day, try this. If you are looking for a raw or gluten free option, use flax crackers instead of Ezekiel bread.
4 slices Ezekiel bread, toasted (for a RAW version use a flax cracker recipe!)
1/2 zucchini, chopped
1/2 sweet onion
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
1 clove garlic, minced (or granulated garlic if you’re in a rush)
1/2 cup chiffonade spinach
1 tablespoon coconut oil
salt and pepper to taste
Saute the onions and garlic in coconut oil over medium high heat until tender. Add the zucchini and tomatoes, cook until hot. Add spinach and toss to combine well. Serve on toasted Ezekiel bread.
Want more mouthwatering, healthy, easy yumminess? Hook yourself up with a copy of The Delicious Revolution Cookbook.
- Over 100 easy-to-make recipes
- A Delicious Manifesto which gives a clear guide to carving out your own unique diet
- Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts
- A balanced mixture of recipes that help you enjoy all foods in moderation
- Includes some raw and vegan recipes
- Juices, smoothies and shakes
- RISK FREE: 100% money back guarantee for 60 days